January 12, 2009

Helping Hand

Yesterday, I was wheeling my huge suitcase back to my dorm with my mom, and the main entrance was broken. It said to use your room key to open the door, and when this failed, I just kinda stood there staring at the keyhole. I was already nervous to go back to school, so nervous that I felt physically sick. I'm bad with transitions, and I was afraid to meet my new roommate (Who is very very nice and precious! Yay!). Just then, 2 Chinese boys and a guy from my floor came up. One of the Chinese ones said "door not work, come around back" and then the other one proceeded to pick up my heavy heavy heavy suitcase! I was overwhelmed by the cuteness of the asians and the random kindness. He rolled my suitcase all the way around the back of my building, over the snow and ice, and then two of them carried it all the way up to the second floor! I couldn't stop smiling. It made me feel so much better. I think it's a sign that this will be a good semester! The fact that I get along so well with my roommate is a good omen too. She is really cute with a raspy Manchester accent. Happy :)

No comments: