March 4, 2009

The Winds of Change

Photobucket
For the past couple of days, there have been howling winds. So forceful that I have struggled to remain upright while walking, and so loud that they roar over the noise of my iPod. I am a superstitious person, and I can't help feeling that they are the winds of change. That sounds cheesy I'm sure, but whatever. Over the weekend, I decided what to do with my life, broke up with my boyfriend, cleaned my room and my e-mail inbox, and discovered how to watercolor flesh tones, among other things.

I feel like I'm on a whole new track in life, and it feels good. I know what I want to do with my life! I'm going to major in Nursing. I think it's perfect for me. It involves science and medicine but not math, and I'd get to help people, and work wherever in the world I wanted to, and make enough money to support myself :)

Tomorrow is my birthday! I'll be nineteen years old. That is so weird to me. 19. I'm going to lunch with my dad and grandma, then going to dinner with my mom and sisters, then getting dessert with my best friends :) It will be a food-filled day. Haha. I feel happy right now. I am so so lucky to have a functional family that loves me and accepts me for who I am. I not only didn't appreciate them when I lived at home, but I was hostile to my parents all the time. I'm sure raising me wasn't easy, and I feel bad now haha. But I'm just feeling really blessed. I have great friends, great family, rilo kiley, and my art to fall back on during hard times. It feels so nice to have that insurance. Yay! :D

I finally saw Milk today. It was so beautiful and sad. I was already crying when Milk got shot but the candle scene completely undid me. It was so amazing how so many people got together to mourn him! I hope I do at least one great thing in my life. Here is a video of Milk's big rally speech.

No comments: