November 19, 2008

Concert Review: Of Montreal

Photobucket
Yes, this concert was back on the 17th, but I've been busy lately! Of Montreal is one of the strangest, craziest, most flamboyant bands making music right now, and I knew their live show wouldn't disappoint... but I had no idea what I was getting into! This was seriously the CRAZIEST most dramatic performance I've ever seen. It wasn't even a concert- it was an extravaganza. The instruments and vocals and costumes and dancing were perfect. It started out with people in silver costumes dancing onstage, which was very Across the Universe-esque, and then Kevin Barnes was carried out in a curtained box. And the outrageous stage antics only escalated as the night went on. I was literally incapacitated the next day- I was so sore from jumping up and down and screaming that I could barely walk, I had a throbbing headache, and I was still in a delirious state of excitement. I had red paint rubbed on my face, feathers and glitter in my hair, my hair was soaked with sweat,and I smelled like onions and lettuce. Haha yeah. My social inhibitions usually prevent me from dancing at concerts, but this one was special. I was dazzled. Of Montreal= Pure Insanity.
Here are some pictures I took at the show:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: